Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Efficient handling of information and resources within a commercial organization.
- ‘In the age of information technology, knowledge management is becoming an increasing concern to private companies and governments alike.’
- ‘CEOs are also finding that knowledge management is a multifaceted, far-reaching endeavor.’
- ‘Skillful knowledge management will also mean developing the ability to know when you have enough information.’
- ‘This trend demonstrates the increase in the perceived importance of knowledge management and that knowledge management is beginning to be recognized as a business function.’
- ‘Moreover, competition inside corporations prevents the kind of transparent knowledge management that the textbooks call for and mobile IT facilitates.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.