One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An economy in which growth is dependent on the quantity, quality, and accessibility of the information available, rather than the means of production.
- ‘An IBEC survey shows employers are taking practical steps to move Ireland towards being " a knowledge economy ".’
- ‘Rural Britain is in danger of fostering a new underclass of people unable to exploit the benefits of the knowledge economy.’
- ‘Indeed, a large chunk of the nation's existing knowledge economy is migrating, along with many high-paying jobs.’
- ‘Similar points can be made concerning the shift to the knowledge economy.’
- ‘The GI Bill gave working-class veterans the education they needed to enter the emerging knowledge economy.’
- ‘Well, the most important thing we need to do is to make sure that our knowledge economy is protected.’
- ‘The Cambridge study is part of a new wave of official interest in the way the government makes data available to the knowledge economy.’
- ‘The opportunities of the knowledge economy are not evenly distributed.’
- ‘The knowledge economy is much smaller than previously thought, according to a new book to be published later this year.’
- ‘Guardian Technology's Free our Data campaign argues the two roles should be separated in the interests of nurturing a knowledge economy.’
- ‘New Zealand's knowledge economy has a real need for anyone prepared to better themselves by studying for a tertiary qualification.’
- ‘The early 1980s, for example, marked the decisive transition from the industrial to the knowledge economy.’
- ‘In an increasingly globalised knowledge economy, access to advanced telecommunications infrastructures is a necessary condition of growth.’
- ‘In the knowledge economy things are a little different.’
- ‘Nova Scotia is ready to be a player in "the global knowledge economy"’
- ‘A society obsessed with the knowledge economy, Furedi argues, is oddly wary of knowledge.’
- ‘Literacy experts estimate nearly half of American adults lack the basic skills needed to function successfully in the knowledge economy.’
- ‘The topic this year is the knowledge economy.’
- ‘In a knowledge economy, companies with the best talent win.’
- ‘The research builds the foundation for the knowledge economy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.