One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Founded on an accumulation of facts or information.‘a knowledge-based economy’‘knowledge-based technical capabilities’
technological, technicalView synonyms
- ‘Its increasingly knowledge-based economy needs a freer flow of information.’
- ‘They will be concentrated in knowledge-based service industries, often in regional Australia.’
- ‘As our economy becomes more knowledge-based, the key assets of a business go home at night.’
- ‘Their real future test will be how well they emphasize knowledge-based jobs.’
- ‘Are companies paying too much to acquire knowledge-based assets?’
- ‘In addition, the company is smart and operates at the high end like a high value, knowledge-based manufacturer.’
- ‘There is currently a paradigm shift in the tourism industry from a labour-intensive sector to a knowledge-based industry.’
- ‘English is after all a skill-based, not a knowledge-based subject.’
- ‘Discussion centred mainly on the need to establish more knowledge-based employment, rather than assembly-line jobs in Ireland.’
- ‘This notion could significantly affect the internationalization strategies of knowledge-based firms.’
- 1.1 (of a computer system) incorporating an underlying set of facts, assumptions, and rules.
- ‘Can minimal knowledge-based parsing improve data representation enough to result in meaningful improvements in the identification task and usability of online flora and fauna?’
- ‘The system provides knowledge-based information for healthcare, safety, and the environment.’
- ‘He has conducted research in knowledge-based systems, qualitative modeling, intelligent robotics, and computer chess.’
- ‘The firm recently announced that the hotel chain has signed up for their Knowledge-based Translation System to better manage its global websites.’
- ‘Therefore, they are not suitable for the development of systems whose interactions should be knowledge-based.’
- ‘In the knowledge-based approach three new processes are added to the system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.