One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be decisive and certain.
- ‘In Russia he also has a reputation as a coach who knows his own mind and is not afraid to speak it, something which has not always pleased his club presidents.’
- ‘The last thing I need is a boyfriend who doesn't know his own mind.’
- ‘The ‘adult’ approach is for the parent to deal with the child as a mature individual capable of knowing their own mind.’
- ‘She knows her own mind and speaks it without constraint.’
- ‘It's been an eye-opener for the whole family, but she's 20 years old, she knows her own mind and she can make her own decisions.’
- ‘She admonished him gently with the news that she was a grown woman and knew her own mind.’
- ‘Although his reputation is that of a man who knew and knows his own mind, he was also a team player, a characteristic which is essential for success in intelligence.’
- ‘They liked a king who ruled with confidence, and knew his own mind.’
- ‘You think I'm not old enough to know my own mind?’
- ‘I know many of you think it is a waste of time but I think it will be one of the best days of our lives.’
- ‘We like Ken, he knows his own mind and never panders to the media or the public.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.