One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ornamental work consisting of or representing intertwined and knotted cords.
- ‘Interlace can vary from simple two-strand twists used as linear borders to three or four-strand bands which can form roundels, knotwork, or squares, or fill entire panels.’
- ‘One noticeable change is a movement away from embroidery based in Celtic zoomorphics and interlacing knotwork toward more geometric, abstract designs.’
- ‘She enjoys needlework and Celtic knotwork and reading.’
- ‘It is beautifully illustrated with colorful Celtic knotwork from the Lindisfarne Gospels.’
- ‘They were often carved with delicate patterns of interlaced knotwork and the heads of fabulous beasts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.