One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Ornamental work consisting of or representing intertwined and knotted cords.
- ‘She enjoys needlework and Celtic knotwork and reading.’
- ‘Interlace can vary from simple two-strand twists used as linear borders to three or four-strand bands which can form roundels, knotwork, or squares, or fill entire panels.’
- ‘One noticeable change is a movement away from embroidery based in Celtic zoomorphics and interlacing knotwork toward more geometric, abstract designs.’
- ‘They were often carved with delicate patterns of interlaced knotwork and the heads of fabulous beasts.’
- ‘It is beautifully illustrated with colorful Celtic knotwork from the Lindisfarne Gospels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.