One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal garden laid out in an intricate design.
- ‘It features two octagonal knot gardens planted with some 1,300 box hedges in geometric patterns inspired by the wood and plaster designs in the hall's interior.’
- ‘Herbs, such as germander and santolina, can be clipped into low hedges to create a knot garden.’
- ‘By the 17th century, the simple knot garden had evolved into designs as complicated as those of embroidered cloth.’
- ‘A small space can be perfect for a riotous cottage garden, a neatly structured knot garden or formal Japanese rock garden.’
- ‘The final touch was the creation of a miniature knot garden set in gravel and planted with lavender.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.