One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Advertising or publicity that discredits a competitor's product.
- ‘I can't imagine this type of knocking copy working particularly well, however.’
- ‘The knocking copy won't put him off, but it would be nice if politicians and even the Fourth Estate realised that what he can do for Scotland is more important than whether he scowled or even growled at a reporter.’
- ‘It's dead easy to write knocking copy as illustrated by his appallingly one-sided piece in the paper on December 31.’
- ‘If you are expecting knocking copy about Radio Scotland, you won't get it from me,’ said Docherty.’
- ‘In the UK no one did knocking copy until very recently.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.