One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Apple trees produce fruit on very short knobby branches, called spurs.’
- ‘He takes stock, finds that his heart seems to be keeping steady rhythm again, and rises, bracing himself against the knobby trunk of the tree.’
- ‘Gnarled and knobby root vegetables taste better than they look.’
- ‘The nodules are disc-shaped, knobby, pale greenish-yellow, and 2-12 cm in diameter.’
- ‘Hybrid bikes are bikes that generally have 27-inch tires which are larger and not usually as knobby as your average mountain bike; this makes them quicker and quieter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.