One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Gnarled and knobby root vegetables taste better than they look.’
- ‘Apple trees produce fruit on very short knobby branches, called spurs.’
- ‘The nodules are disc-shaped, knobby, pale greenish-yellow, and 2-12 cm in diameter.’
- ‘Hybrid bikes are bikes that generally have 27-inch tires which are larger and not usually as knobby as your average mountain bike; this makes them quicker and quieter.’
- ‘He takes stock, finds that his heart seems to be keeping steady rhythm again, and rises, bracing himself against the knobby trunk of the tree.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.