Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘It was the best training that I could have wished for, and I was involved in the production of knitwear for designers like Calvin Klein, as well as the Chanel range.’
- ‘An exclusive clothing range will include items such as blouses, knitwear, cotton shirts and beach wear.’
- ‘Hopefully these nine fashionable items have convinced you that knitwear isn't only for your grandpa or history teacher.’
- ‘The Welsh designer's signature knitwear included barely-there macramé dresses in bright orange and hothouse pink.’
- ‘As well as knitwear, accessories, bags and jewellery in the womenswear department, the store also offers lingerie and sleepwear to suit all mums.’
- ‘Everything from custom-made furniture and designer knitwear to crafted silver jewellery will be on display.’
- ‘Clothing sales fell 3%, with women's knitwear, coats and suits in particular left on the racks.’
- ‘Sales of knitwear and boots improved while both formal and casual menswear saw solid growth.’
- ‘Growth in mass markets, combined with the development of textile machines, gave dominance to factory production of cloth, knitwear, and lace.’
- ‘It's generally better to fold and store knitwear and T-shirts in drawers.’
- ‘For most of the non-golfing population the game is a ludicrous one played by middle-aged, middle-class men in questionable knitwear.’
- ‘Famous for its bright golfing knitwear, Pringle is set for a makeover by its new Asian owners which could see its distinctive diamond motif jumpers disappear.’
- ‘Anthony is in the first year of a masters degree in fashion womenswear and knitwear.’
- ‘Indeed for anyone interested in acquiring some new knitwear this season a visit to Balmoral Knitwear in Galston could prove worthwhile.’
- ‘Fashionable shops such as Liberty in London host knitting evenings, where young women sit making knitwear and chatting.’
- ‘The ready-to-wear clothing line also includes knitwear, leatherwear, sportswear and accessories.’
- ‘Top-end couture will be represented by a collection of vintage Galliano knitwear, all of which featured in his first show as an independent designer.’
- ‘When it comes to knitwear, bigger is now better.’
- ‘Every well-dressed man should have some stylish knitwear in his wardrobe.’
- ‘For most fashionable people however, Scotland means knitwear and in particular cashmere - expensive cashmere.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.