One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long, thin, pointed rod used as part of a pair for knitting by hand.
- ‘The desk surface still held stacks of books, papers, magazines, a basket of yarn and knitting needles, and a half-finished piece of needlework.’
- ‘Yes, it really did only take one day to knit but I have to confess that considering it was knitted on 15 mm knitting needles and the yarn was super super chunky it's no wonder it knit up so quick.’
- ‘In addition to coffee, tea and snacks, this café has shelves of yarn that fill up one side of the shop and a rack of knitting needles on the other wall.’
- ‘Beside the desk was a basket full of knitting needles and yarn.’
- ‘‘People don't seem to realise how dangerous knitting needles are, and passengers continue to try and bring them on board,’ said a spokesperson.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.