One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man who uses a knife to commit a crime.
- ‘A woman abducted by a knifeman in a busy Bolton street and forced to drive to Leeds was today recovering at home.’
- ‘On Saturday, a security guard was threatened by a masked knifeman and made to wait in a room for eight hours while thieves stole electrical goods worth £50,000.’
- ‘The woman was ordered out of her high-powered sports car by masked knifemen.’
- ‘Northumbria Police issued photographs of her injuries as part of a public appeal to track down the crazed knifeman.’
- ‘A knifeman and thief is today starting a three-year jail term for stabbing a householder in the stomach in a street confrontation over a garage break-in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.