One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A circus act or other entertainment in which knives are thrown at a target.
- ‘He's the world knife-throwing champion - and he's about to throw those knives at me.’
- ‘Premiering on July 10 and running for one month, the show will be featuring a variety of acrobat feats, such as contortion, knife-throwing, synchronized trapeze, and, of course, plenty of clowns.’
- ‘World record knife-throwing champion Jayde Hanson was performing on ITV's This Morning show when one of his blades accidentally hit his assistant on the head.’
- ‘Circus performer Jayde Hanson - who set a world knife-throwing record only days ago - left his assistant with a gashed scalp after a blade hit her.’
- ‘Tarantino regular Thurman is credible as the one-woman killing machine, proving equally adept at both knife-throwing and wielding a Samurai sword.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.