Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A short board for surfing or waterskiing in a kneeling position.
- ‘Instead of my usual bodyboard or kneeboard I've come equipped with a new device: a home-made handboard.’
- ‘As I was pulling my daughter on the kneeboard, she attempted a 360 spin and fell off.’
- ‘Once he told me that any board is a kneeboard; you could ride a longboard on your knees if you wanted to.’
- ‘It is not much of a strain on your knees as most kneeboards have very well designed kneepads on the top of the board.’
- ‘If a personal watercraft is towing another person on skis, kneeboards, or other devices, a second person must face the rear to monitor the person being towed.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.