Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A short board for surfing or waterskiing in a kneeling position.
- ‘Once he told me that any board is a kneeboard; you could ride a longboard on your knees if you wanted to.’
- ‘As I was pulling my daughter on the kneeboard, she attempted a 360 spin and fell off.’
- ‘Instead of my usual bodyboard or kneeboard I've come equipped with a new device: a home-made handboard.’
- ‘If a personal watercraft is towing another person on skis, kneeboards, or other devices, a second person must face the rear to monitor the person being towed.’
- ‘It is not much of a strain on your knees as most kneeboards have very well designed kneepads on the top of the board.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.