One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short board for surfing or waterskiing in a kneeling position.
- ‘Instead of my usual bodyboard or kneeboard I've come equipped with a new device: a home-made handboard.’
- ‘It is not much of a strain on your knees as most kneeboards have very well designed kneepads on the top of the board.’
- ‘If a personal watercraft is towing another person on skis, kneeboards, or other devices, a second person must face the rear to monitor the person being towed.’
- ‘As I was pulling my daughter on the kneeboard, she attempted a 360 spin and fell off.’
- ‘Once he told me that any board is a kneeboard; you could ride a longboard on your knees if you wanted to.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.