One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boot that reaches to the knee.‘she paired a bright yellow coat with brown suede knee boots’
- ‘It has Victorian lace-up knee boots for £375, which sounds expensive, but you do get an exact fit, and you can choose the colour, leather and heel height.’
- ‘Rubber knee boots are recommended.’
- ‘I couldn't envisage ever wanting to stuff my jeans inside a pair of knee boots again.’
- ‘Waterproof knee boots are a smart choice, especially near ditches or in low areas impacted by rain.’
- ‘The model and actress looked every inch the star in a long white coat, polo-neck jumper and brown knee boots as she met newsmen outside her Chelsea home.’
- ‘A great pair of knee boots is the perfect winter update to any wardrobe.’
- ‘As she passed him, she purposely ground the spindly heel of her knee boots into Hayden's toes.’
- ‘I wore a black spandex body stocking, with a reinforced utility vest, and black knee boots (just a two inch heel and steel toed).’
- ‘The black knee boots cost £90.’
- ‘The fantastic thing about knee boots is that they will never go out of style and may be worn all year round.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.