One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boot that reaches to the knee.‘she paired a bright yellow coat with brown suede knee boots’
- ‘I couldn't envisage ever wanting to stuff my jeans inside a pair of knee boots again.’
- ‘The fantastic thing about knee boots is that they will never go out of style and may be worn all year round.’
- ‘The black knee boots cost £90.’
- ‘It has Victorian lace-up knee boots for £375, which sounds expensive, but you do get an exact fit, and you can choose the colour, leather and heel height.’
- ‘The model and actress looked every inch the star in a long white coat, polo-neck jumper and brown knee boots as she met newsmen outside her Chelsea home.’
- ‘Rubber knee boots are recommended.’
- ‘A great pair of knee boots is the perfect winter update to any wardrobe.’
- ‘Waterproof knee boots are a smart choice, especially near ditches or in low areas impacted by rain.’
- ‘As she passed him, she purposely ground the spindly heel of her knee boots into Hayden's toes.’
- ‘I wore a black spandex body stocking, with a reinforced utility vest, and black knee boots (just a two inch heel and steel toed).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.