Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An act of bending the knee, especially as an exercise in which the body is raised and lowered without the use of the hands.
- ‘The knee bend reduces any possible activity from the hip flexors, so you have to rely on your abdominals to come up.’
- ‘With your hands on your hips and your torso erect, lower your body into a deep knee bend by bending both knees until your front thigh is parallel to the floor.’
- ‘The powerlifter then squats down in a deep knee bend and returns to standing.’
- ‘And to build his legs, he did hundreds of deep knee bends every night.’
- ‘He stood for a moment, then tried an experimental deep knee bend.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.