One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At the moment, it is thought either to be a Neolithic axe rough-out or the work of a modern flint knapper.’
- ‘Once again, the Hatch quarry represents a prospect site where the prehistoric knappers came to obtain jasper nodules and tablets scattered across the surface.’
- ‘We now know more than the simple fact that prehistoric knappers obtained tool stone at the Hatch quarry.’
- ‘If Davidson is right, the famed ‘improvement’ in hand axes 600,000 years ago would simply mean that knappers were getting more and finer flakes from each stone.’
- ‘The ancient knappers struck nodules nearly dead center with a wedge initiation of 90 deg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.