One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Greek dish consisting of lamb marinated with lemon juice and herbs and cooked slowly in a sealed container.
- ‘For a memorable main course, there is a wonderful lamb and vegetable concoction - kleftiko - topped with melted cheese or grilled swordfish steaks.’
- ‘There is also a restaurant attached, and the speciality is kleftiko, a slow-roasted Greek lamb dish.’
- ‘My favourite dish is stifado, though kleftiko runs a close second.’
- ‘The menu features Greek classics such as Moussaka (a mince and aubergine lasagne-type dish), Spanakopita (spinach and feta parcels) and Kleftiko (lamb shanks).’
- ‘Meat specialties include moussaka, kleftiko (a lamb dish) and stifado - an aromatic beef stew.’
Greek klephtiko, from klephtikos ‘relating to the klephts’ (see klepht).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.