One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An absorbent disposable paper tissue.
- ‘Everyone in the audience seemed to be reaching for a Kleenex, or wiping their eyes on their sleeves by the end.’
- ‘She wiped her eyes with the Kleenex he offered her and watched as he went to the kitchen.’
- ‘No, clearly everything is not fine, because your eyes are all red and you used up all these Kleenexes.’
- ‘Six hours later, I was in floods of tears and reaching blurry-eyed for the Kleenex.’
- ‘Stacey pulled a Kleenex from the box beside her bed and dabbed at her eyes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.