One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An absorbent disposable paper tissue.
- ‘Everyone in the audience seemed to be reaching for a Kleenex, or wiping their eyes on their sleeves by the end.’
- ‘She wiped her eyes with the Kleenex he offered her and watched as he went to the kitchen.’
- ‘Stacey pulled a Kleenex from the box beside her bed and dabbed at her eyes.’
- ‘Six hours later, I was in floods of tears and reaching blurry-eyed for the Kleenex.’
- ‘No, clearly everything is not fine, because your eyes are all red and you used up all these Kleenexes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.