One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fruit with a thin hairy skin, green flesh, and black seeds.
This fruit is obtained from the East Asian climbing plant Actinidia chinensis (family Actinidiaceae)‘a cream sponge with strawberries and kiwi fruit’Formerly called Chinese gooseberry‘two kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into pieces’
- ‘Junior's fruit platter came with grapes, apples, bananas and kiwi fruit.’
- ‘As a guideline, one kiwi fruit contains about 50 mg of vitamin C.’
- ‘I find that sliced kiwi fruit look and taste good on the lemon flavour cheesecake.’
- ‘Back in 1953, there were no avocados, no kiwi fruit, and not a suspicion of mozzarella and tomato pizza.’
- ‘Good sources of vitamin C include peppers, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, oranges and kiwi fruit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.