One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fruit with a thin hairy skin, green flesh, and black seeds.‘a cream sponge with strawberries and kiwi fruit’Formerly called Chinese gooseberry‘two kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into pieces’
- ‘Junior's fruit platter came with grapes, apples, bananas and kiwi fruit.’
- ‘I find that sliced kiwi fruit look and taste good on the lemon flavour cheesecake.’
- ‘Back in 1953, there were no avocados, no kiwi fruit, and not a suspicion of mozzarella and tomato pizza.’
- ‘Good sources of vitamin C include peppers, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, oranges and kiwi fruit.’
- ‘As a guideline, one kiwi fruit contains about 50 mg of vitamin C.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.