One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
New Zealand.‘we visited the tower on our last day in Kiwi country’
- ‘Kiwi country by daylight - backblocks Taranaki overlooked by the mountains of the Central Plateau.’
- ‘He loves human attention and is already a celebrity - being one among the only 125 kakapos in the world - travelling across kiwi country to meet his fans.’
- ‘Kiwi country dynamo Aly Cook has joined forces with Alan Jansson, the writer and producer behind OMC's How Bizarre.’
- ‘He made the most of his chance to do a diving tour of Kiwi country’
- ‘The only time in half a century that the Welsh have been beaten fair and square in the race for the scrum-half berth was in Kiwi country in 1993, when Dewi Morris of England was first pick.’
- ‘The debate over dumping the red-white-and blue of the Union flag has been raging in the Kiwi country since the 1970s’
- ‘If it's mid-summer in North America, it's mid-winter in kiwi country and alpine skiing is in full swing.’
- ‘Never ones to pass up a vineyard in the best of times, we were more than willing to take a slight detour to recover from the introduction to driving in Kiwi country.’
- ‘When you're out there cruising up and down the rolling hills of Kiwi country, pedal standing up as much as possible (this is called "honking," a term originated in England and also used in New Zealand).’
- ‘Tuesday, June 14, we're heading for Kiwi Country!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.