One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
New Zealand.‘we visited the tower on our last day in Kiwi country’
- ‘He loves human attention and is already a celebrity - being one among the only 125 kakapos in the world - travelling across kiwi country to meet his fans.’
- ‘Kiwi country dynamo Aly Cook has joined forces with Alan Jansson, the writer and producer behind OMC's How Bizarre.’
- ‘Kiwi country by daylight - backblocks Taranaki overlooked by the mountains of the Central Plateau.’
- ‘The debate over dumping the red-white-and blue of the Union flag has been raging in the Kiwi country since the 1970s’
- ‘If it's mid-summer in North America, it's mid-winter in kiwi country and alpine skiing is in full swing.’
- ‘Never ones to pass up a vineyard in the best of times, we were more than willing to take a slight detour to recover from the introduction to driving in Kiwi country.’
- ‘Tuesday, June 14, we're heading for Kiwi Country!’
- ‘When you're out there cruising up and down the rolling hills of Kiwi country, pedal standing up as much as possible (this is called "honking," a term originated in England and also used in New Zealand).’
- ‘He made the most of his chance to do a diving tour of Kiwi country’
- ‘The only time in half a century that the Welsh have been beaten fair and square in the race for the scrum-half berth was in Kiwi country in 1993, when Dewi Morris of England was first pick.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.