One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American society of business and professional people formed to maintain commercial ethics and as a social and charitable organization.
- ‘The company encourages local activism from its employees on many levels, from participation in local groups such as the Kiwanis, Jaycees, and Lions Clubs to involvement in political office.’
- ‘Becoming a member of those tried and true stand-bys like Rotary and Kiwanis are still good places to meet and get involved in community and civic activities.’
- ‘I joined Kiwanis, ran for office in the Jaycees and took power lunches at the Holiday Inn.’
- ‘International fraternal groups such as the Rotary Club, Lions Club, and Kiwanis have a presence in the country.’
- ‘Deborah Hall, a former staff member of Kiwanis, said that in 2002 the centre lost 104 employees out of a total of 264.’
Early 20th century: of unknown origin.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.