Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of low stiletto heel.
wedge, wedge heel, stiletto, stiletto heel, platform heel, spike heel, cuban heel, kitten heel, louis heel, stacked heelView synonyms
- ‘The kitten heel offers both feminine grace and womanly comfort, as do ballet flats.’
- ‘Heels range from lofty stiletto to non existent, but kitten heels and flat mules appear to be the most popular.’
- ‘If you're clever, you are not expected to wear a figure-hugging dress and kitten heels.’
- ‘Let us examine the evidence: on Monday it was leopard-print pumps; on Sunday she was photographed wearing a rather improbable pair of pink-and-black kitten heels.’
- ‘She arrived looking stunning in flared black linen trousers, kitten heels and a risqué décolletage.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.