Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small kitchen or part of a room equipped as a kitchen.
cooking area, kitchenette, kitchen-diner, galley, cookhouse, bakehouse, sculleryView synonyms
- ‘On the north shore, the resort has four townhouse suites and five rooms with kitchenettes.’
- ‘The unit, which is semi-independent, is equipped with a kitchenette enabling residents to make their own snacks and refreshments.’
- ‘The motel sets aside some rooms with small kitchenettes to rent on a weekly basis.’
- ‘There is a living room, a kitchenette, and a study on the first floor.’
- ‘Shuttered cupboards across one wall provide ample storage while louvered doors at the back of the room conceal a kitchenette.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.