One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small kitchen or part of a room equipped as a kitchen.
cooking area, kitchen-diner, galley, cookhouse, bakehouse, sculleryView synonyms
- ‘The motel sets aside some rooms with small kitchenettes to rent on a weekly basis.’
- ‘On the north shore, the resort has four townhouse suites and five rooms with kitchenettes.’
- ‘Shuttered cupboards across one wall provide ample storage while louvered doors at the back of the room conceal a kitchenette.’
- ‘The unit, which is semi-independent, is equipped with a kitchenette enabling residents to make their own snacks and refreshments.’
- ‘There is a living room, a kitchenette, and a study on the first floor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.