One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(chiefly in South Australia) a sugared doughnut usually filled with cream and jam.
- ‘A daily cream or kitchener bun or chocolate éclair helped ease the pain.’
- ‘The humble jam berliner was changed to the kitchener bun.’
- ‘We might have to stop and get a kitchener bun at Meadows.’
- ‘There's a lot of history and nostalgia built into the produce—from Barossa mettwurst out of central Europe to our creamy Kitchener buns.’
- ‘She proudly posed in front of the sign for the adjacent village dressed in a traditional dirndl and with a Kitchener bun.’
Early 20th century: named after Earl Kitchener (see Kitchener, Herbert).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.