One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The most significant change to the way we shop for clothes is that we're increasingly happy to do it while we're throwing the week's washing powder and kitchen roll into the supermarket trolley.’
- ‘It is easier than ever before to buy recycled goods, with supermarkets stocking recycled versions of many everyday household items including bin bags, kitchen roll and toilet paper.’
- ‘I mopped up a large amount of the water with kitchen roll.’
- ‘I grabbed a piece of kitchen roll and wiped at my eyes, nose and mouth.’
- ‘Using a pastry brush or a piece of kitchen roll, wipe the inside of a nonstick frying pan with sunflower oil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.