One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large cooking stove with burners or hotplates and one or more ovens, all of which are kept continually hot.‘cleaning a kitchen range is not something that people look forward to’
- ‘Other than running water and a kitchen range, brewers need very little to start.’
- ‘There is a nifty little kitchen range that comes in high-gloss black, which will, I hope, look rather smart.’
- ‘A stainless steel kitchen range was made to order, creating a kitchen befitting an ambitious young chef who seeks to be among the best in the industry.’
- ‘Bathing took place either in front of the kitchen range or outside in the yard, or in the wealthier homes, in the bedroom.’
- ‘The company made grates and kitchen ranges, much in demand after Queen Victoria had installed fire grates at Balmoral Castle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.