One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to wash dishes and carry out other menial duties in the kitchen of a restaurant or hotel.
- ‘He originally came from Bradford and worked at St William's College in York as a kitchen porter.’
- ‘During one of their meetings just a month before the blaze, he told her he was unhappy working as a kitchen porter following a disagreement with one of the chefs.’
- ‘Being a kitchen porter paid for my weekend beer and cigarettes but was no enjoyable task.’
- ‘His first job out of school was as a kitchen porter at Lark Creek Inn in Larkspur, CA.’
- ‘It belonged to my dad and I drove it at the weekend to a posh country hotel, where I worked as a kitchen porter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.