One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Absorbent paper used for drying and cleaning.
- ‘Place the aubergine slices on the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, then drain on kitchen paper.’
- ‘Rinse the mullet, pat them dry with kitchen paper and lay them in a roasting tin.’
- ‘Remove the skin and wipe the peppers with kitchen paper.’
- ‘Place a large heavy-based frying pan or griddle on a medium heat and lightly butter the surface, using kitchen paper.’
- ‘Cut the piece of pork into four neat, squared off pieces and dry them well on kitchen paper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.