One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A garden or area where vegetables, fruit, or herbs are grown for domestic use.
- ‘The old kitchen garden was also replanted, with vines, apricots, peaches, and the like.’
- ‘Chef-proprietor Raymond Blanc, a devotee of organic food for the past 20 years, has developed a two-acre kitchen garden that produces more than 70 types of vegetables and 120 herbs.’
- ‘The kitchen garden includes fruits such as strawberries as well as plum and apples trees plus a variety of vegetables.’
- ‘The grounds also include mature trees and shrubs, a kitchen garden, greenhouse and garden shed.’
- ‘The trust aims to conserve the garden and is currently restoring the Victorian kitchen garden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.