Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A garden or area where vegetables, fruit, or herbs are grown for domestic use.
- ‘The kitchen garden includes fruits such as strawberries as well as plum and apples trees plus a variety of vegetables.’
- ‘The trust aims to conserve the garden and is currently restoring the Victorian kitchen garden.’
- ‘The old kitchen garden was also replanted, with vines, apricots, peaches, and the like.’
- ‘The grounds also include mature trees and shrubs, a kitchen garden, greenhouse and garden shed.’
- ‘Chef-proprietor Raymond Blanc, a devotee of organic food for the past 20 years, has developed a two-acre kitchen garden that produces more than 70 types of vegetables and 120 herbs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.