One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Aluminium foil used for covering or wrapping food.‘place the salmon on to a piece of kitchen foil’
- ‘I've covered all my work surfaces with heavy-duty kitchen foil.’
- ‘The stainless steel arrived at the warehouse on immense rolls, like giant-sized rolls of kitchen foil.’
- ‘Peel bananas, push chocolate drops into the fruit, sprinkle with desiccated coconut, then wrap in kitchen foil.’
- ‘Inside there's a neat roll of kitchen foil, 30 metres in length, waiting to solve my need.’
- ‘Place the dish in the oven over a piece of kitchen foil to catch any drips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.