Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A room used as both a kitchen and a dining room.
cooking area, kitchenette, kitchen-diner, galley, cookhouse, bakehouse, sculleryView synonyms
- ‘Inside, the accommodation comprises an entrance hall, sitting room, a kitchen-diner, a sun room, lobby, utility room, two bathrooms and five bedrooms.’
- ‘This more intimate area faces the yard; pushing the sliding doors to the side will fully open the kitchen-diner to the garden space and a large terrace.’
- ‘Students living in University accommodation can take advantage of the self-catering facilities because all the flats have fully equipped kitchen-diners, and shops on campus sell a wide range of food.’
- ‘There are three spacious bedrooms, a lounge and a kitchen-diner so it could make a very nice family home.’
- ‘Fabulously tiled rooms, such as kitchen-diners and hallways, are transformed from practical to inviting when they're warm underfoot.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.