One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room used as both a kitchen and a dining room.
cooking area, kitchenette, galley, cookhouse, bakehouse, sculleryView synonyms
- ‘Fabulously tiled rooms, such as kitchen-diners and hallways, are transformed from practical to inviting when they're warm underfoot.’
- ‘This more intimate area faces the yard; pushing the sliding doors to the side will fully open the kitchen-diner to the garden space and a large terrace.’
- ‘There are three spacious bedrooms, a lounge and a kitchen-diner so it could make a very nice family home.’
- ‘Inside, the accommodation comprises an entrance hall, sitting room, a kitchen-diner, a sun room, lobby, utility room, two bathrooms and five bedrooms.’
- ‘Students living in University accommodation can take advantage of the self-catering facilities because all the flats have fully equipped kitchen-diners, and shops on campus sell a wide range of food.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.