One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A car sold as a set of separate components, designed to be assembled by the purchaser.
- ‘Since July 1997 amateur-built vehicles such as kit cars and rebuilt vehicles have had to take the SVA to ensure they meet basic safety and environmental standards.’
- ‘This annual event sees local school children assemble and race battery-operated kit cars - an activity which is part of the Science and Technology curriculum for children in Key Stage 2.’
- ‘This has been in production for about 10 years now, but the fact that it's a kit car guarantees it will always be a rare machine.’
- ‘This show is geared towards any sort of sports car so it bridges the gap between classic cars, kit cars and super cars.’
- ‘During the 1960s Lotus generally sold it as a kit car but in the 1970s its home-build image grated with Lotus's upmarket ambitions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.