One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A car sold as a set of separate components, designed to be assembled by the purchaser.
- ‘Since July 1997 amateur-built vehicles such as kit cars and rebuilt vehicles have had to take the SVA to ensure they meet basic safety and environmental standards.’
- ‘During the 1960s Lotus generally sold it as a kit car but in the 1970s its home-build image grated with Lotus's upmarket ambitions.’
- ‘This has been in production for about 10 years now, but the fact that it's a kit car guarantees it will always be a rare machine.’
- ‘This annual event sees local school children assemble and race battery-operated kit cars - an activity which is part of the Science and Technology curriculum for children in Key Stage 2.’
- ‘This show is geared towards any sort of sports car so it bridges the gap between classic cars, kit cars and super cars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.