One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Characterized by or given to kissing; amorous.‘Dean and I were just getting kissy’
lustful, sexual, erotic, amatory, ardentView synonyms
- ‘Babs made kissy noises and fluttered the enormous false eyelashes that she had stolen from her mother's bathroom.’
- ‘To emphasize my point I made little smoochy, kissy noises at her.’
- ‘Max and I finish the conversation - in which he tells me he hopes Roman and I have a nice time, because he also knows exactly what's going to happen - and we make kissy noises into the phone and hang up.’
- ‘He puckered his lips at me and made kissy noises.’
- ‘I braced myself for an awkward editorial suggestion - maybe she wanted me to include more kissy scenes or tone down all the drinking that takes place before lunch period.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.