One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An edible SE Asian freshwater fish which is widely kept in aquaria. Individuals sometimes press their fleshy lips together, probably as a threat display.
Helostoma temminickii, family Helostomatidae
- ‘Shallow, slow-moving, and thickly vegetated backwaters are the kissing gourami's natural habitat.’
- ‘The way to tell the difference between male and female kissing gourami is to look at their sides.’
- ‘Still other families of the labyrinth fish, such as the kissing gouramis, allow their eggs to float along the surface of the water.’
- ‘The kissing gouramis we have pictured are a popular choice because the males are not actually kissing but ‘sparring’ or pushing.’
- ‘The kissing gourami is a peaceful species that should be housed with fishes of similar size and temperament.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.