Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disease transmitted by contact with infected saliva, especially mononucleosis.
- ‘We know that it's often called the ‘kissing disease,’ and that people who have it sleep a lot.’
- ‘Say hello to glandular fever, infectious mononucelosis, kissing disease.’
- ‘They call it the kissing disease because that's a pretty damn easy way to get someone else's spit in your head.’
- ‘I know that mono has always been called ‘the kissing disease,’ so my question to you is, what are the chances that my son will also come down with mono?’
- ‘Spread by saliva, the energy-sapping state is also known as the kissing disease.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.