One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease transmitted by contact with infected saliva, especially mononucleosis.
- ‘They call it the kissing disease because that's a pretty damn easy way to get someone else's spit in your head.’
- ‘I know that mono has always been called ‘the kissing disease,’ so my question to you is, what are the chances that my son will also come down with mono?’
- ‘We know that it's often called the ‘kissing disease,’ and that people who have it sleep a lot.’
- ‘Spread by saliva, the energy-sapping state is also known as the kissing disease.’
- ‘Say hello to glandular fever, infectious mononucelosis, kissing disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.