One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A devotional song, typically about the life of Krishna, in which a group repeats lines sung by a leader.
- ‘Devotional music includes forms that are typical to the subcontinent, such as the Sufi Muslim Qawaali music and kirtan.’
- ‘Bhajans, kirtans and a special lecture on Lord Krishna was organised.’
- ‘The four-day opening ceremony was packed with havans, aratis, kirtans, bhajans, as well as spiritual and philosophical discourses.’
- ‘Of course, one has to admit that she did get better by the time she sang the main piece in Raga Kalyani and the short kirtans and bhajans that followed.’
- ‘For several days these individuals conducted the kirtan.’
From Sanskrit kīrtana.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.