One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A devotional song, typically about the life of Krishna, in which a group repeats lines sung by a leader.
- ‘For several days these individuals conducted the kirtan.’
- ‘Devotional music includes forms that are typical to the subcontinent, such as the Sufi Muslim Qawaali music and kirtan.’
- ‘The four-day opening ceremony was packed with havans, aratis, kirtans, bhajans, as well as spiritual and philosophical discourses.’
- ‘Bhajans, kirtans and a special lecture on Lord Krishna was organised.’
- ‘Of course, one has to admit that she did get better by the time she sang the main piece in Raga Kalyani and the short kirtans and bhajans that followed.’
From Sanskrit kīrtana.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.