One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In five minutes the great open space was as empty of living men as Greyfriars kirkyard on a weekday.’
- ‘It was a colourful occasion in a tiny kirkyard at the top of an Angus glen.’
- ‘The committee agreed by five votes to four not to grant permission for siting the plaque on the kirkyard wall.’
- ‘For anyone with even a passing interest in the history of this area, the church and its kirkyard is a fascinating place.’
- ‘He is buried in the little kirkyard at Parton in Galloway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.