One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large, smooth-scaled North American constrictor which typically has shiny dark brown or black skin with lighter markings.
- ‘At the zoo, the kingsnake started to wrap his body around the zookeeper's arm when he got scared.’
- ‘Though I've never seen a snake forty feet up a telephone pole-straight pine, I have seen black kingsnake about half that high on twisted slash, a smaller pine.’
- ‘The kingsnake may discharge musk from glands at the base of the tail and vibrate its tail when disturbed.’
- ‘Sometimes the kingsnake will begin consuming the rattlesnake before it is dead.’
- ‘Depending on the size of the meal, the kingsnake may not eat again for several days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.