One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large, smooth-scaled North American constrictor which typically has shiny dark brown or black skin with lighter markings.
Genus Lampropeltis, family Colubridae: several species, in particular L. getulus. Compare with milk snake
- ‘Depending on the size of the meal, the kingsnake may not eat again for several days.’
- ‘At the zoo, the kingsnake started to wrap his body around the zookeeper's arm when he got scared.’
- ‘The kingsnake may discharge musk from glands at the base of the tail and vibrate its tail when disturbed.’
- ‘Though I've never seen a snake forty feet up a telephone pole-straight pine, I have seen black kingsnake about half that high on twisted slash, a smaller pine.’
- ‘Sometimes the kingsnake will begin consuming the rattlesnake before it is dead.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.