One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The half of the board on which both kings stand at the start of a game (the right-hand side for White, left for Black)‘he can build up on the kingside at his leisure’as modifier ‘he attacked by advancing his kingside pawns’
- ‘In the game White plays an overly direct plan of attack, misplacing all his major pieces on the kingside.’
- ‘Black's plan is obviously to advance his kingside pawns, but he must do this carefully lest he weakens his king.’
- ‘White's kingside pawns advance to constrict and hopefully attack Black's position.’
- ‘It would really be wonderful if White could get the Bishop working against the Black kingside the whole game through.’
- ‘Bareev's king was chased from the queenside back to the kingside, when he resigned after 47 moves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.