One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kingpin in a mechanical structure.
- ‘The adjusting disks thereby invariably define a position of the kingbolt with respect to the supporting arms.’
- ‘This caster uses Bestway's patented double ball kingboltless design to eliminate the need for rivets or kingbolts.’
- ‘While Jake was hitting the kingbolts with a screwdriver, the garage owner came by and said to stop doing that, as it was hard on the screwdriver.’
- ‘M.C. Henley patented a truck in which the tension of the cushions could be adjusted by a screw, like the modern day kingbolt.’
- ‘There were broken axles, broken wheels and fellies, broken kingbolts and run-off rims, to try the patience of the weary travelers who were forced to resort to their own ingenuity in making repairs, being miles away from any possible relief.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.