One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large American tyrant flycatcher, typically with a grey head and back and yellowish or white underparts.
- ‘We also have an Eastern kingbird indicating he'd like to make his home here.’
- ‘Over 350 species of birds have been recorded in Worcester Country, including pelicans and pewees, kingbirds and cuckoos, herons, harriers, and eagles.’
- ‘From the Atlantic coastline to the Pocomoke River and Forest, Worcester is home to pelicans and peewees, kingbirds and cuckoos, and herons, harriers, and eagles.’
- ‘I saw mockingbirds and bluebirds on my slow drive back, but grosbeaks, tanagers, kingbirds, and buntings are apparently not back yet.’
- ‘Larger forest birds such as the grey kingbird, the streaked saltator, or the tropical mockingbird flit among the taller tree branches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.