One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tide just after a new or full moon, when there is greatest difference between high and low water; a spring tide.‘the causeway tends to flood during king tides’
- ‘The prime minister of Tuvalu blamed global warming for king tides that are threatening to submerge the nine islands.’
- ‘Heavy rain and king tides meant many beaches were contaminated with wastewater runoff.’
- ‘It's an hour before the peak of the king tide and the flood is intimidating but by no means terminal.’
- ‘We are seeing king tides across the region flooding islands.’
- ‘Severe storms and king tides have combined to push the sea line at Bryon Bay back by 20 yards in some places.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.