One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tyrannical ruler or leader noted for extremes of oppression.See also King Log
- ‘The fable of King Log and King Stork was sometimes quoted.’
- ‘She had far better resign herself to the rule of King Log - Turkey, than call in King Stork - Russia.’
- ‘As soon as the Frogs came to the surface to greet the new king, King Stork caught them in his long bill and gobbled them up.’
- ‘He sent them King Stork, and King Stork caught the Frogs, one by one, and ate them, till there was not one left.’
- ‘Rightly or wrongly, the instinct of the common folk rebelled against the greed-in-authority of King Stork, and reversing the fable, inclined instead to King Log.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.