One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lions and tigers may be the kings of beasts, but they face common poverty in the Yangpu District Zoo.’
- ‘The king of beasts may soon be dethroned, as conflicts between African lions and humans contribute to the big cats' population decline.’
- ‘And as we leave, echoes of the roar of the king of beasts lingers in the still air over proud and deserted ruins of Hampi.’
- ‘The entrée inside the temple is guarded by the statues of two imposing kings of beasts, symbols of strength and natality in Asian civilization.’
- ‘Instead we should behave like lions, the kings of beasts, who finish up their food, rest thereafter and rebuild.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.