One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Arctic eider duck, the male of which has a red bill and colourful plumage on the head.
Somateria spectabilis, family Anatidae
- ‘Before the end of October two of the tracked king eiders were reported shot in southern Upernavik.’
- ‘In the winter, all king eiders move back to the ocean, where they may be found somewhat farther out from shore than common eiders.’
- ‘In contrast, king eiders were found primarily in offshore waters more than 10 m deep west of Oliktok Point.’
- ‘We found 41 nests distributed among 10 islands in Karrak Lake; to our knowledge, this represents the largest number of king eider nests studied at one site.’
- ‘Another important staging area for king eiders is off the west coast of Banks Island.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.