One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- in the reign of a king, the term for Queen's English
- ‘I was given a detention and told off for denigrating the King's English.’
- ‘He had a tendency to fracture the King's English like he did a rival's race car.’
- ‘The King's English he adores is a dreadful language of pride, privilege and confusion.’
- ‘One can only write the King's English from a position of solidarity.’
- ‘‘I do not think I have ever heard someone butcher the King's English so; it is truly horrendous,’ Charles sighed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.