One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- (in the UK) in the reign of a king, the term for Queen's Counsel
- ‘He heard most of the great Edwardian King's Counsels arguing in court and was ambitious to be one of them.’
- ‘At 29 he was Australia's youngest-ever King's Counsel and one of the nation's best-known and best-paid barristers.’
- ‘He read for the bar and became England's youngest King's Counsel.’
- ‘In discussions in the Middle Temple in 1919, a King's Counsel described as ‘able but very plain’ asked, ‘What chance should I have with a jury against a fair and pleasing pleader?’’
- ‘He was also appointed to the office of King's Counsel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.