One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Champion of England
- ‘Following the successful conquest, Sir Robert became the first King's Champion who would fight for the monarch's right to rule over England against any who dared to challenge.’
- ‘The most famous King's Champions could be seen with the humble but deadly huscarls on duty in the keep.’
- ‘During some reigns since, the King's Champion has not necessarily been the runner-up; someone of the King's personal choice was bestowed the title.’
- ‘Sir Pontelau was making arrangements for the new King's Champion.’
- ‘Just as it is reasonable for any kingdom to have a King's Champion, so it is also reasonable that any kingdom may have a King's Archer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.