One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Champion of England
- ‘The most famous King's Champions could be seen with the humble but deadly huscarls on duty in the keep.’
- ‘Just as it is reasonable for any kingdom to have a King's Champion, so it is also reasonable that any kingdom may have a King's Archer.’
- ‘During some reigns since, the King's Champion has not necessarily been the runner-up; someone of the King's personal choice was bestowed the title.’
- ‘Sir Pontelau was making arrangements for the new King's Champion.’
- ‘Following the successful conquest, Sir Robert became the first King's Champion who would fight for the monarch's right to rule over England against any who dared to challenge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.