One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The body of theory which explains the physical properties of matter in terms of the motions of its constituent particles.
- ‘Several properties of a gaseous sample can be explained readily by the features of a model of gas behavior called the kinetic-molecular theory or simply kinetic theory.’
- ‘In analyzing the data, chemical kinetic theory was used to obtain the rate constant for unfolding.’
- ‘On the other hand, kinetic theory allows one to model long-time processes but ignores short distance spatial fluctuations, important in nucleation and growth.’
- ‘Because the pressure exerted is a function of the speed of the molecules, kinetic theory states that the pressure will increase if the energy of the molecules increases.’
- ‘The kinetic theory of gases pictures a gas as composed of a very large number of molecules whose size is small compared with the average distance between molecules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.