One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Energy which a body possesses by virtue of being in motion.‘energy above that needed to ionize the molecule is carried away as kinetic energy of the electron ejected’Compare with potential energycount noun ‘particles with low kinetic energies’
- ‘By lowering the centre of gravity, some potential energy is removed from the system and converted to kinetic energy - the energy of motion.’
- ‘A moving particle will carry with it the energy of its motion, which the physicists call kinetic energy.’
- ‘The energy flow resulting from transforming kinetic energy into potential energy is heat.’
- ‘The molecules convert their kinetic energy into potential energy when they rise into the air just like the ball did.’
- ‘One way energy is conserved is through the transformation of an object's potential energy into kinetic energy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.